Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Importance Of Taking Notes

Steve’s troops keep good notes, don’t they?
“We know there is an extremist element in the Liberal party generally that has been very vocal in opposing measures that are designed to combat terrorism," Ottawa Tory MP Pierre Poilievre told a radio interviewer last week.
This was payback I suppose for all the labeling Steve’s right wing troops had to bear a few years back. The difference being Steve’s troops were and still are, mostly of the hillbilly persuasion; trigger happy, revenoo’er fightin’, "plain folk" in pointing hats with slots cut out for the eyes. Regrettably we no longer hear their entertaining notions of how flat the world is. They’re all on a very short string now. Is it safe to assume from that enforced silence there must have been some accuracy to the labels they were tagged with?
So how about those Liberal extremists? Well if salutes are offered by the New York Times to the Supreme Court of Canada and the courts support of constitutional protection for each individual, call me an extremist, please. I am extremely happy that I have a constitution constructed without benefit of simplistic, hillbilly, lynch mob notions of right ‘n wrong and their petty little prejudices.
Yesiree, count me in. I too am from that Liberal extremist element whose expectation is my countrymen will be protected by the law, safe from moralist minds of the kind synonymous with, “Canada’s New Government”, goody for me and oh, Pierre???????? you, your boss AND the terrorists can go whistle. We’ll whip all of you and we’ll do it WITH a constitution.
P.S.
I wonder what Steve thinks of the New York Times editorial? Sure didn’t help his image.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/02/27/terror-vote.html

No comments: